RigStore® is the name of our flexible, customizable model for servicing customer offshore facilities. This model links three major components:
- Storeroom - customer-owned materials located in the offshore facility and synchronized to DNOW's supply chain. These materials are monitored and replenished from the shorebase location.
- Shorebase - customer-owned materials, including MRO consumables, critical spares, and capital spares, designated for storeroom replenishment. Material-related services provided include logistics, procurement support, and back-up and surplus material management.
- Hub - support location serving the shorebase location. The specific type of support may range from performance monitoring, to accounting processes, to additional employees for project demands.
RigStore® brings our supply chain expertise and strategic supplier relationships to the offshore drilling site and reduces capital investment and total cost of ownership for our customers.
The RigStore® model has many benefits for offshore drillers and producers, in all aspects of their operations. Here's how DistributionNOW provides value for customer issues:
- Reduction in capital investment by leveraging shorebase and global DNOW inventory
- Use drilling contractor's system and periodically reconcile with DNOW's system
- Inventory replenishment process on board through material planning
- DNOW can provide people, processes and ERP capabilities
- Utilize existing DNOW shorebase infrastructure
- Drilling contractor pays a portion of the scalable shorebase infrastructure
- DNOW maintains backup inventory as needed to support operations
Setup and Shutdown Costs
- Reduced setup and shutdown costs by DNOW's infrastructure
Service and Repair
- DNOW provides procurement personnel for services and repair work
- DNOW leverages its domestic and international sourcing
- DNOW dramatically reduces transactional burden on drilling contractor